Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Plot thickens

Leroy wasn't in when I got to work. As a matter of fact, I got in pretty early so there weren't too many people at work anyway. This office has always been kind of lax, which is why I like it here. They're too busy doing their own thing to bother me. I could never have gotten this kind of peace and quiet on my home planet. Everybody there is hyper.

I sat down and thought of how I was going to ask Leroy what's been bothering him. I don't want to step on his toes, but I am concerned. I booted up my system and started to work until I figured he'd be in.

I was deep into a report when Leroy came into my office. He held out his hand and showed me a small totem that had been sent to him in the mail. He explained to me that he had also found one of Brice the day of the fight, but it disappeared off his desk. I'm guessing this is what's been keeping him so distracted.

Holding it, I got a strange feeling. There was a lot of power in this totem. I turned it back and forth, thinking it was in some way familiar, wondering what it's true purpose was.

“Do you think we need to talk to Brice, now?” he asked, breaking my concentration.

I nodded. "Yeah, we do." But still I hesitated for a moment. For some reason, I think Leroy is still holding something back from me.

I hate going down to Brice's office. He tends to be extremely suspicious of people. But if somebody was making totems of people, we needed to get to the bottom of it.

No comments: