Thursday, January 10, 2008

Not so surprised....

Leroy just walked in my office and told me the latest on the “Ron” rumor mill. Supposedly, I’m Leroy’s girlfriend and he was giving Brice the beat down ‘cause he’s been watching me. WHAT THE @*&#! And these dumb broads in the office believe it. Really, I shouldn’t be surprised. It was just a matter of time. We do usually come up missing at the same times, and you know how small minds think.

But what surprised me the most is that the rumor came from Ron. He’s a pain in the ass, but his rumors are usually on the mark. His source must be slipping…..

I guess the most disturbing thing though, is that he’s been placed on suspension. I’ve never heard of anyone in the Urban 30 being placed on suspension before. I don’t know what to say to him. He looks so disturbed by everything that I want to give him a big hug, but it would be just my luck that somebody would come walking into my office. Next thing you know, rumors would be floating around that we were getting busy on the desk.

I’m going have to talk to Brice. Since Leroy was suspended, that leaves me to try to get some information out of him. Lord knows it’s gonna be hard enough to keep the two of them apart.

I was about to let Leroy know that I would pursue the issue of the totems with Brice when the phone rang. Oh hell. Dispatch was calling.

I took a deep breath and answered the phone. “Yes.”

“Terra, I need you to come down to headquarters.” Damn, was I going get suspended too? “It’s not about yesterday, if that’s what you’re wondering.”

“So what is it?”

He was silent for a moment which sent chills up my spine. “I’ll tell you when you get here. I’ll see you in 15.” He said and disconnected the call.

I looked at Leroy who was standing there looking puzzled.

“Dispatch wants me to be at Headquarters in 15 minutes.”

No comments: