Friday, January 4, 2008

Afterwards....

Leroy and I didn't get a chance to talk until after lunch. We stopped by to pick up our messages from the front desk. I try not to give people my direct line, they tend to call you for everything, whether you work with it or not.

I noticed Brice walk in and immediately went on the defense. Hopefully, he didn't catch too much of what I was thinking. I had a really bad experience with a past member of the Urban 30 reading folks minds, and he caught some thoughts that shouldn't have been public. Since then, I always check with Dispatch when we bring a new member onboard to check and see if there's anything that I need to watch out for.

I keep hearing people mentioning stuff about Debbie leaving. She was cool with me, I'm gonna be sorry to see her go. She was one of the few people I talked to at the job. I stopped by my office to check my emails before heading back over to Leroy's office. He wanted to show me something he picked up during the fight yesterday. He was livid when he got to his desk and found out whatever it was he wanted to show me was missing. It took a while for me to calm him down and get him to chill out talking about the Urban. The last thing we need is for everybody to find out about all of the superheroes working undercover on the job. We'd lose the little bit of peace and quiet that we do have.

Imagine my surprise when I find out that Neil has sent me an email. The big clucker. He could just as easily called me. But, I guess if I was in his in his shoes, I would have sent the email, too. This way, you get to say what you mean without getting a phone slammed down in your ear.

Suffice to say, it was a very nice apology email. Maybe I'll give him another chance. Just as soon as I find out why the President of the company is making this surprise visit.....

No comments: