Friday, January 11, 2008

A Little Confrontation for a Big Problem

I stopped back past the office to gather up my things and to let Leroy know what was going on. He was going to have to make sure he watched his back. Christopher never took our separation well, and he was almost fanatic about Kara.

I went past my office first. I didn’t feel like talking to anybody right now. I decided to call Brice once I got home and see what else I could find out about the totems. Once I had gathered everything I went past my supervisor’s office and let him know that due to a family emergency, I was going to need to work from home for a while.

He looked at me kind of strange for a minute, but just nodded. I really didn’t think he wanted to press the issue and have me just take off and not do work. It's not like he knew how to run the reports,anyway. So what could he really say? I stopped by Leroy’s cubicle to give him the heads up, but he wasn’t there. I was about to leave him a note when I turned around and noticed Sasha standing at the entrance.

“Leroy went to a meeting.” Okay that cancels out the note. She’d probably take it.

“Oh. Okay, thanks.”

She blocked my way and wouldn’t let me out of the cubicle. “Girl, you are so lucky to have a man like Leroy.”

“Hmm. Am I? I’m gonna take your word for it.”

“Though what he sees in you in don’t know. How did you wind up hooking up?” She leaned against the wall. “It was all those ‘meetings’ you guys were having, wasn’t it?” She evidently didn’t seem to notice that I was looking at her like she’d lost her mind. “You’d better hold on tight, if I see you’re not treating him right I’m gonna step in and grab him.”

My mouth opened and closed twice before I could get any words out. Was this for real?

“Ah…yeah. Look Sasha, I’ve got to go." Wait till I tell Leroy about this! I stepped around her, while whipping out my cell phone to send him a text message to come over to my place later on. This office is going to hell in a hand basket.

No comments: