Friday, January 18, 2008

New Friends

It's only been a couple of days and I'm about to go stir-crazy. I'm still taking Kara to the center (I'd have to pay them anyway). But I was able to find out something interesting.

I was walking down to the laundryroom the other day and just happened to stop in the lobby to pick up my mail. Ever alert, I tensed up when I heard someone walk into the building.

Imagine my surprise when I looked up to see Candice from the coffee shop. She tilted her head when she looks at my, as if she remembers me, too.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." she said. "You work down by the Mocha Cafe don't you?"

I nodded. "We noticed that we hadn't seen you in a couple of days."

"Oh, I, ah, needed to take some leave. I'll be back in soon."

"Oh, okay."

"You live here now?" I asked. I know I hadn't seen her in here before.

"Well, yeah, kind of. My sister lives upstairs. I'm staying with her so I can save up for a condo."

"That's great. Good for you. I'm down on two with my daughter."

"Wow! Small world! I've got to get going, I work at a club sometimes in the evenings."

I waved to her. "Good for you. Well, I'll be seeing you around then."

She smiled. "See ya." She walked up a couple of stairs and then turned around. "Oh and wait until I tell Edward. He's always hoping that you'll come into the shop. I'll let him know you'll be back."

"Edward?" I didn't know an Edward.

"The geeky guy with the taped up glasses who works the register now."

Oh, yeah now I remember. The one with the incredible shrinking butt. "Oh, I remember him now. Tell him I said 'hello'."

"Sure. See ya." She walked off towards the elevator.

A small smile eased its' way across my face as I pulled out my cellphone to text a message to Leroy.

'Guess who's living in my building now?' I sent and snapped the phone closed. I can't wait to see his reaction.

No comments: