Sunday, December 30, 2007

Re-match

Did I ever tell you what happened when I left the bar after my date with Neil? No?

Well it just so happens that I paid the bill (with the money he left of course!) and proceeded to make my way home. And just who did I happen to see hanging out in the line outside the club as I left? None other than E-Klypse. Did I mention that his real name is Byron? He needed his butt kicked for that alone.

Of course, E-Klypse and I had unfinished business, and what better time to finish it than the present? I ducked into the alley to make a quick costume switch. It worked to my advantage that he hadn't seen me yet.

Everyone started buzzing as I walked down the line towards him. He was partially turned around talking to some girl in a microdress so short that if she sneezed, she'd be arrested for indecent exposure.

So ever so nicely, I walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. Before he could turn around fully, I clocked him with a right that sent his punk butt sprawling into the building across the street.

I heard all the exclamations behind me. This was a touchy situation. You have to be very careful when approaching super villians out of costume. People tend to think you're just walking up and whipping somebody's ass for no reason.

But knowing E-Klypse the way I do, he immediately sent out a sunburst. For some reason, I think that's his only special power. But does it bother me? I'm an earth element. I love the sun. One day he'll figure that out.

Anyway, I was really supercharged thanks to his little tantrum. We proceeded to throw down, but this time, I didn't have the same issues that I did last time. Which meant about 15 minutes later, he was out cold. The police pulled up and realized who he was. That saved me a lot of trouble. Looking at my watch, I realized it was getting late. I needed to get back to Kara.

Just as I was about to lift off, the hoochie E-Klypse (Byron-what were his parents thinking?)was talking too asked, "Hey! What did he do?"

I didn't feel like going into a long list of his transgressions with a civilian, so I improvised. "He's late on his child support payments for all six of his kids."

The expression on her face was worth it. Humans can be so gullible.

No comments: