Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What Christmas Spirit?

I had to hear Leroy's mouth about not showing up at his house to decorate over the weekend. I would have really loved to go, but him and Kara don't always get along so hot. Kara has some of my powers, (even at her early age), but unfortunately, she's got her daddy's brain. Trust me when I say this is a lethal combination.

The Director of the Daycare center called me into her office when I went to pick up Kara on Friday. Imagine my surprise when she told me the while the other children were sleeping, the teachers got together with the director for a quick meeting about the Christmas party. Kara managed to sneak out of the room, into the Director's office, and managed to hack into the database for the Bureau of Prisons looking for information on her father. Now mind you, if this was any other 2 year old, I wouldn't have believed it. But Kara? I believe it and then some.

She evidently saw the last envelope that Christopher sent me from jail. This fool wrote that once he gets out we'll be one happy family. When hell freezes over! The whole experience with him was enough to make me want to go back to my home planet.

Anyway. Thanks to the meeting with the Director, I'm already stressed. Then I have to announce to my little girl that we're going to Leroy's to help decorate. I've taken Kara with me a few times over to Leroy's and it wasn't pretty. Kara's got this whole Feng Shui thing going on, and according to her, his place is all out of sync and gives her a headache. So here I am, trying to get her to get dressed and get out of the house so we can go help him decorate.

Finally, I just gave up. Derrick was there, and I already know how he operates. I always laugh cause Leroy thinks that Derrick's little sister gave him the nickname "Jiffy Jeff". Little does he know, that name came from Derrick's girlfriend at the time. And it has nothing to do with how fast he can run. And not to mention that our new off and on partner, Ean, was there. There's something about him that just doesn't sit well with me. So I let Kara go back to her hacking (I had already called the jail and told them to beef up their password security), and climbed into the bed with a good book. That small amount of peace and quiet was worth the dirty looks that Leroy's been giving me all day.

No comments: