Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Office Gossip

You know, the really hard part about working with your fellow superhero is the nosy people in the office. Leroy and I work in different departments, but when something comes up and we're needed, we usually just tell people that we’re going out to a meeting.

Unfortunately, when you have people like Daisy and Ron around, it’s not hard for rumors to get started.

The other day, Leroy wound up fighting CyBerNome. CyBerNome figured he would cause a little bit of havoc with the morning rush hour traffic. He’s got to be one of the dumbest guys I know. Even if Leroy hadn’t been there, he would have caught a beat down from all those yuppies and buppies running late for work. It’s a jungle out there. They’d stab their best friend in the back to get ahead; they weren’t about to let some little silly wanna-be bad guy get in their way.

Anyway, Daisy strolls into the breakroom while I’m pouring some coffee. She goes, “Oh, I didn’t think you were here, Leroy isn’t in yet” in one of her snide little tones.

(NOTE: DO NOT MAKE SMART ASS COMMENTS TO A WOMAN THAT YOU BARELY KNOW WHILE SHE IS STANDING NEAR A POT OF SCALDING HOT COFFEE.)

Now, it just so happens that I would have been late if he needed me. I mean, he is, after all, my partner. But when I called him to see if he needed backup, he told me that his biggest problem was keeping the commuters from jumping CyBerNome.

I’m not going to go into details about exactly what I said to her. I will say, Daisy now does most of her work from home. Now I just have to get Ron straight.

On second thought, I’ll just wait for Leroy to get wind of it. He can't stand Ron anyway.

No comments: