Friday, December 14, 2007

Coffee Date

Against my better judgement, I decided to meet Neil for coffee. I figured it would be for the best if I did it early in the day, before lunch, when I stand more of chance of my co-workers seeing me. So I dressed in my shortest professional suit, since my legs are my best feature, threw on a little bit of makeup (all natural, of course), and waited anxiously for 10:00, the time notorious around the city for coffee breaks.

He told me that he was going to be wearing a black suit, with a paisley tie. Like that didn't describle 50 other men wandering around this time of day. Luckily, he spotted me before I was able to pick him out. And I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. He was on the tall side, about 5'11 with a butter-brown complexion, medium brown eyes, and a nice smile.

So, we ordered our drinks and found a table in the back where we could talk in peace. He seemed to be very intelligent which was good, since I can't stand dumb, goofy men. He's drinking coffee, and I'm sipping away on my green tea. I started to really relax and enjoy myself, for a moment I could almost believe that I wouldn't have to jump up in the middle of the conversation to go knock the hell out of some fool trying to take over the city.

He placed his hand on mine. I looked deep into his eyes and actually thought about going out on a nice quiet date, when out the corner of my eye I see Leroy walk into the store. Oh Hell. He's the last person I wanted to see me.

Imagine my surprise when he walks over to the counter and starts grinning down at the sales girl. Leroy's trying to get his mack on! I was so busy being nosy, I almost forgot I was at the table with Neil. Here he is trying to throw all his little superfriends at me and he's trying to mack the coffee girl.

It's on.

No comments: