Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Real Day in the Life

Okay, let me tell you how my day went yesterday.

I'm sitting at work around 3:00 when I get a nasty email from E-Klypse. This fool has the nerve to tell me that if I don't agree to go out with him on Saturday, he's gonna block the Sun and kill off all life on this planet as we know it. There's absolutely no way I'm going out with him, so of course I've got to go stop him. Leroy was in some long drawn out meeting that I was glad as hell I didn't have through, so I figured I'd go solo.

So, here I am, seriously fighting it out with E-Klypse, when I happen to look at my watch and notice that it's almost 6:00. I realize that I've been fighting this fool for three hours. Under normal circumstances, I could have already wrapped this up, but a sister is cramping and that always puts my powers below the norm.

Now I have a whole new problem, it being 6, the witching hour for daycare centers far and wide, I know that I'd better hurry up cause I have to go pick up my daughter.

If I'm late, I'll never hear the end of it from the Director. This will be the third time this week. These folks are gonna wanna call Social Services on me. They don't care that you're out trying to save the world, they just want you to get your kid. You'd think they'd cut me a break. The last time this happened, it was televised on every station in the city and all over the radio. This broad had the nerve to tell me that she didn't hear anything about it and tried to charge me double.

For some reason, they think cause my ex-husband was a rich supervillian that I'm sitting on a fortune. NOT! All that money is tied up in a trust. I have to cuss out the lawyer just to get money to pay the daycare.

So I figure, let me give Leroy a quick call to see if he can either pick up Kara or come finish this punk off for me. So I'm calling and calling, and he won't answer! It's probably on purpose, he thinks E-Klypse likes me anyway. How in the hell did I wind up as a supervillian magnet?

I finally wind up busting E-Klypse upside his head with a 2 x4 so I can get my girl before 6:30. Leroy is definitely gonna hear about this.

No comments: