Monday, December 24, 2007

The Holiday Party - The other side

That was a hell of a Xmas party.

Karl had already told me what his plans were, and I added a little something extra to lower inhibitions. I figured since he wasn't going to be here and was going to take the blame for it anyway, I figured I'd have a little fun.

It took about exactly five minutes after the punch was put out before everyone became extremely mellow. I saw Leroy when he finally got to the party. Looks like my salve had him looking like new.

I stood up to catch him before he drank the punch, but I was too far away. I'd never get to him in time. The last thing I needed was him getting drunk and starting to fly around the ballroom. Luckily, Karl cut him off before he got to the punch.

As the night progressed, you would have thought you had walked into one of the most raunchy clubs in the red-light district. By the time I stood up to announce the evening entertainment, the 19 year-old intern was under the table with the VP's wife. I don't know what the were doing, but there was definitely a whole lot of shaking going on.

The girls started singing, and I noticed that Leroy was so mesmerized by the time Rona got to her strip tease, he didn't see the President of the company leaving the room arm-in-arm with Samantha in marketing. (I actually saw them later on in the hallway looking rather rumpled).

Leroy walked over to me completely amazed while everyone lost their minds. When did the Electric Slide become a bump and grind? I think Leroy, Karl, and I were the only ones fully dressed and sober.

Rona must be an exotic dancer part-time, because she was working a table in the back. And I'll be damned if the girl didn't have enough money on the table to pay her rent for the next three months. Twice I looked over and saw her giving some serious lap dances.

I've always thought that Humans were strange creatures, and this just confirmed my theory. By the time Karl made his announcement, I was more than ready to go.

I didn't know if I was going to be able to face my co-workers this morning without bursting into peales of laughter, but amazingly, most of them called in for the rest of the week.










1 comment:

Leroy J. Powers said...

That must have been one crazy party!