Sunday, April 6, 2008

From bad to worse....

I heard from Leroy around noon the next day.



I told him to meet us here, at my place, then we would go over to the last spot they were seen at. 8th and H.


I was able to tell in which direction he'd gone, but like Dispatch and I had argued about before, he just seemed to disappear. No matter what I did, I couldn't get their location to come in any clearer.



I turned to look over at my father was two steps from ballistic and kept walking into the other room, like he was talking to someone. But who? Hopefully not my mother. In spite of everything, I really like this planet and don't want to see it blown out of orbit.

I started towards him once and opened my mouth to ask when he gave me this look. I was too scared to ask. I just hoped he wasn't calling for reinforcements. Two people besides me from my home planet were two too many.



But unfortunately patience wasn't his strong suit, and my father was never one to sit back and wait for things to happen. If I wasn't careful, there's no telling who he'd call in.



I managed to get some food on my stomach. Whatever was coming up, I was going to need to be at full strength. My father refused to eat. I could feel him simmering... I know he thought I was being too nonchalant.



I sighed in relief when the doorbell rang. "It's about time," I muttered to myself. I swung open the door, ready to chastise Leroy for taking forever to get there. What I saw on the doorstep made me want to scream.



My father stepped forward and motioned him inside. "Good. I see you got the directions."

He turned to me, eyebrow raised. "As you can see, we no longer need your little Earth friend." He leaned out and shook hands with the last damn person I ever wanted to see again.



Isoglani ilekrismos. Ilektros for short. Also, my ex-fiance.



From what I could see, this was a disaster in the making.

No comments: