Friday, April 25, 2008

All Over But the Shoutin...

There is nothing...no touch, no song, no poem, no sight...that compares to the feeling of a parent being reunited with their child. The moment is beyond any attempt at words. Beyond anything, and anyone. The feelings I had at having Kara back surpassed any moment in my life, even her birth. And it it would have been perfect......

If not for my father, Obisidian and Iketros standing in the background. I held her close, even though for all of her advanced intelligence, I knew she wouldn't understand.

So, I sat there, in the floor and held my child, for a moment forgetting that I would have to deal with both of them, and what their being here meant. I was so close to forgetting that they even existed, until Ilektros spoke.

"Terina. Would you introduce me?" It was tempting to say no, but that wouldn't be very nice considering he had just come with me to save her.

"Kara, this is Ilektros. He's...an old friend of mommy's."

"Hello, Mr. Ilektros." I was surprised when he took her hand and shook it. "It is a pleasure to meet you." My father of course, looked rather smug and sure of himself.

"Father, are you staying, or going back to the homeworld?" I asked.

"I am staying. Ilektros, also." I sucked in a deep breath. "I don't have room for you here, unfortunately." Obsidian smiled. That wasn't good. "We have managed to acquire lodging nearby. My eyes narrowed. "How near by?"

"The next level up."

I took a deep breath and tried to concentrate on the fact that I had Kara back, with no casualties, but it was hard to calm down when I knew I was going to have to get through Dispatch to beat the crap out of Christopher as I was SO wanting to do.

No comments: