Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quick Getaways

“Hey, Terra…” Leroy gasped. “Raz and Tam are here.”

“Hey, girl!” Raz and Tam said in unison.

'What the hell,' I thought. "What are you doing here! I didn't call for backup!" I gritted out as Chrisopher grabbed me from behind. I twisted slightly and managed to flip him over onto the ground.

"Dispatch sent us for Christopher," Raz said.

"Oh no." I turned and kicked Christopher backwards into his precious computer system. I always did hate all his little gadgets.

I saw Raz reaching into her little pouch as Leroy grabbed Tam to keep her from interfering. Her and those damn marbles. "It's nothing personal, Terra. Just let us take Christopher to Dispatch and we can all hook up later."

I glanced over to where Tam had managed to break free of Leroy's grip and they were battling it out in the corner. Tam was giving as good as she got. Better him than me. I looked back at Raz.

"No! I'm tired of Dispatch interfering. This IS personal." I turned and stalked back to where Christopher was lying in the equipment, when I felt three marbles hit me in the back. But no charge. I looked back over at her and smiled before running towards Christopher.

I heard Raz calling out. "Um, Tam. Ta-am." She kept throwing marbles with no response. "Nothing's happening. Tam!" Tam kicked Leroy and he bumped into Raz, who lost her balance and banged her head into the wall. Down she went. Damn, that had to hurt.

I never felt my feet leave the floor, but I sure as hell felt the wall. Tam had thrown out a force field and pinned me against the wall. "Tam, let me down!"

"Sorry Terra. Orders are orders." She walked over and lifted Chris up from the debris. He came to as she lifted him out. "Hey Chris, sweetie. We need a way out." He weekly pointed towards a blank wall. Tam ran over to it. "Where?" she asked. He reached out and laid his palm on the door. It opened and he and Tam disappeared through it.

The minute Tam disappeared, so did the force field. "Leroy, I'm gonna kill your girl."

He groaned. "Not if I beat you to it."

I motioned to where they had disappered. "Think you can get through that wall?"

He didn't answer, just walked over stuck his foot through it. I heard a crack and looked up to see a huge crack go across the ceiling.

"Looks like it's time to go!"

Leroy grabbed Raz, who was still out cold and flew up the tunnel with me two steps behind him. This tunnel seemed to be shorter than the others and put us back in the basement, where Ilektros was choking the hell out Veronica. It was extemely tempting to let him continue, but Leroy walked over and slapped him across the back of his head.

"Come on! It's time to go!" Raz was finally starting to come to as we all made our way back upstairs.

My first instinct was to go after Christopher. Leroy must have seen something in my face because he pulled me to the side. "Terra, I know you want to go beat the hell out of Dispatch, but you need to go home to your child first."

I know he was right, but that didn't mean that I wanted to listen. "All right. I call you tonight. We've got to find out what he's up to."

Leroy nodded, then grabbed Raz and left. I turned to Ilektros. "I guess you're coming with me." He nodded and followed me home.

No comments: