Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Developments

I sighed as I motioned Leroy towards the refrigerator. I already knew the three of them working together was going to be a problem, but really, what choice did I have? The main focus was to get Kara....and beat Christopher's ass for taking her.


Since my father was the only one amoung us that couldn't fly, I had to send him a mental picture of where I wanted him to meet us. Before I could blink, he was gone. I turned to see Leroy had grabbed three of Kara's juice boxes out of the refrigerator. Out of all the bottled water and other stuff in there, he had to grab a juice box?

Whatever.


He sucked them down in record time and we were off. My father was already waiting for us when we got there. I looked around trying to get an idea. There wasn't a lot of vegetation on 8th street. A couple of scrawny trees here and there, and dirt patches where there used to be grass.


As I turned in a circle, I noticed that one of the houses sitting directly on the corner had no vegetation what so ever. The front yard was concrete and there were no flowers of any kind, not even a weed. The only thing resembling a plant that it did have was a big, fake plastic tree sitting in a pot. Even for 8th and H, that's strange.


On a hunch, I decided to walk over and knock on the door. Imagine my surprise when the door was opened by Veronica Tyler, my ex's old administrative assistant. I always knew that broad was too good to be true.


"Oh! Ms. Davidson! What are you doing here?" If that girl's eyes got any wider, they'd pop out. "The question is, what are you doing here?" I pushed past her into the house. "I thought you went back to Omaha or wherever the hell it is you were from?" My eyes narrowed at her. "Where's Christopher?"

Do you know this broad tried to get bold with me?


"I don't know what you're talking about." she snipped. I stepped forward. "You'd better figure it out damn quick!" I turned to walk up the stairs to look for Kara when I saw her move forward out of the corner of my eye. I had just turned to deal with her when I saw Ilektros raise his hand and pin that bitch to the wall. HELL YES!! That's what I'm talking about!


While he had her pinned, I raced through the upstairs rooms checking for signs of Christopher or Kara. There was no sign of either one of them. But I knew they had been there. I knew it.


I motioned for Ilektros to let her go. Then I stepped up into her face. It was tempting to just knock her slam out, considering I owed her for problems she tried to cause with me and Christopher when we were together. "This is the last time I'm going to ask you. Where is he?"


"I...I don't know what you're talking about!" she wailed. Damn crybaby.


I picked her up by her throat and was about to toss her narrow butt across the room when Sonus stopped me.


"Wait a minute, Terra."


I'll be damned if he didn't lean over and whisper something in her ear, then she nodded. He turned to us and said "basement."


"Where's the door?" She pointed to a door that matched the rest of the paneling completely.


I started towards the door, then doubled back. I stared at Veronica for a moment, then punched her in the face before anybody could stop me.


Like I said, I owed her.

No comments: