Monday, December 1, 2008

Another Path and a Different Direction

What can I say...the Urban 30 has gone to hell in a handbasket.

Most of our members have quit, afraid of being caught up in a freak accident like Arrow. I understand how they feel, but I can't give up...not yet. Stranger yet, some of the quasi-villians in town have stepped forward to render their services. I guess it's not only the heroes who are having their powers stripped.

Christopher (after being choked by several different people for being an a$$hole) finally managed to get around to letting us know that he had been able to develop a small amount of vaccine that should protect us from Seth. Except for me it seems. From what he was able to determine, since I'm not human, I have some kind of natural immunity.

Christopher gave shots to everyone who was there, (except Leroy - I don't blame him. I don't know if I could blindly trust Christopher either) and we separated into teams. Chris took two of the rougher looking guys, Avion and Argus, to work with him. I found out later they were twins.

I managed to talk Connor into hanging out with Leroy. I pulled my father and Leksi to the side and asked them to stay at headquarters. If I was immune, so were they, but somebody needed to be here to check Christopher since Dispatch was nowhere to be found.

Leroy got teamed with Bitter. I got the feeling they had a love-to hate-each-other thing going on. I wasn't looking to be teamed up with anyone , but I knew something was up when I saw Christopher talk to Bitter. Bitter glanced at me then walked over to hazel eyes, who they call Torrid. The next thing I knew, Torrid was strolling over to me. I had to motion to Leksi and Connor to calm down.

"Looks like we're going to be working together."

I smirked. "Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer to work alone. I don't have time to babysit."

He just stared at me for a minute. "Tempting offer, but I don't need you to treat me like a baby." He stepped closer. "I've been asked to keep you safe."

"Really?" I smiled at him and stepped so close we were almost touching. I saw Leksi and Connor step forward out the corner of my eye and motioned them back. Torrid's eyes narrowed at me seconds before a tentacle wrapped around his chest and lifted him off his feet. "I think I've pretty much got things covered," I said.

I sat him down next to Bitter and left.

No comments: