Saturday, December 6, 2008

Not again...

Deja Vu.

I spotted Seth's henchmen again. I was flying over Georgetown trying to clear my head.

I was cruising over M street when I noticed a lot of activity off on one of the side streets. I landed a couple of doors away and walked up, keeping to the shadows. It was Seth's men again. Either they were crazy or he placed some kind of spell on them, cause I'll be damned if they weren't out in twenty-five degree weather in just those little wrap around skirts again.

I eased up through one of the neighbors front yards and crouched behind the bushes. Pulling out my phone, I shot a quick message to Leroy letting him know that Seth's guys were at it again.

Stepping from behind the bushes, I quickly grabbed the guy nearest to me and snapped his neck. That was for arrow.

The darkness worked to my advantage. I was able to take out two more, before anybody noticed. I was hyped. This was my chance to get revenge. What I wasn't prepared for, was the ten other guys who streamed out of the house.

"Damn," I muttered and started forward determined to take down as many as I could.

I was halfway to them when everything got deathly silent except for what looked like a tornado heading towards us. We all turned and watched as it landed - and materialized into Torrid. Seth's men took advantage of the distraction to press forward. There was no time to think of Torrid, until I caught a break and saw one of the guys sneaking up on him. There was no time to go over there so I grabbed him with a tentacle just as two guys grabbed him from behind. I used two other tentacles distract them and pulled again. A little too hard I guess. Torrid came flying towards me.

One minute I was standing, the next I was on my back, staring up into his eyes. I glanced to the side to see Seth's men running down the street. I looked back up into his eyes.

"They're gone. You can move now."

"I'm surprised you saved me. I can't really say I would have done the same if our positions were reversed."

"That's the difference between us," I snapped. "Now could you please get up!"

He smiled. "You have to let me thank you properly first." I struggled as his head lowered to mine.

No comments: