Monday, December 22, 2008

The End of Seth

The address Christopher gave me turned out to be an old victorian style mansion on Are Street. I decided to aim for the an open window up on the third floor. Luck was with me. Nobody seemed to be around. I left the room and walked down the hallway, wondering where everyone was. I opened a few doors and looked inside, but most of the rooms were empty. Until I reached the last door.

I eased inside wondering if this was Seth's main work area. I was walking towards the desk when I noticed something floating around in an alcove off to the side. As I drew closer, I saw a glass chamber with something inside of it. I reached out to touch it when I saw a face standing beside me. It scared the shit out of me for a minute, but when I calmed down, I realized it was Arrow.

"Hi Terra," he whispered.

I frowned. "Why are you here? You're dead."

"I'm bound to Seth. When he took my powers, he took my soul." He turned to look at the glass chamber. "Only three people were able to withstand Seth. You, Dispatch, and Sonus." He smiled. "It drives him crazy. He used Christopher to get to Dispatch and Sonus. And his powers won't work against you."

"That's because I'm not human." I answered just as the lights turned on overhead.

"Ah, so that's why! No matter. Since you're here now, I can take care of you once and for all." Seth stood there in all his glory. How do these guys walk around in all this cold with barely anything on? "You sound like something from an old re-run of Batman."

He motioned to Arrow and I felt something cold wrap around me. "I"m sorry Terra," He whispered. "I always liked you." Cold began spreading through my body. Did I mention that cold and plants don't mix? I wanted to slap that smug look from Seth's face when his eyes began to widen. There was a soft moan, then Arrow was gone. What in the world?

Seth began to look scared and kept grabbing at the ankh he wore around his neck. I'm guessing that it was connected to his control somehow. Looks like it wasn't working. I unleashed my full power on him. Within minutes, he was completely covered by my tentacles and I began to squeeze. This was for Arrow, Mack, Raz, Tam,....the list could go on forever.

I was so busy squeezing, I didn't hear Bitter and Torrid walk in.

Torrid placed his arms around me. Unlike Arrow's ghost, his arms where warm and brought me back from the brink. "You look pretty pissed off little lady, but you don't really wanna do this do you?"

"Wanna bet?" I muttered. I saw Bitter out the corner of my eye opening the chamber. I loosened my hold on Seth and let him drop when I saw Dispatch tumble forward. "I've gotta get him back to headquarters." I looked over at Seth and wondered what to do with him.

Bitter smiled. "Don't worry about him. I'll take care of him for you. You, on the other hand, need to get him back and take care of your ex."

I frowned. Torrid walked over to me and laid a hand against the side of my face. "Trust me. You will never hear from Seth again." Something about it coming from him was like he was protecting me.

I nodded at him and picked up Dispatch.

No comments: