Sunday, December 7, 2008

Missing in Action

It caught me off guard.

I won't lie and say I didn't feel something. It was the first time I had felt anything in a very long time. Unfortunately, this wasn't the person I should have been feeling anything for. His body pressed against me letting me know that he was enjoying this as much as I was, if not more.

I actually felt the earth move. Then I realized, as his weigh was suddenly lifted off me that it wasn't the kiss. It was Connor landing, snatching Torrid up and tossing him against the house like he was a ragdoll.

Connor was livid. "Keep your lips to yourself if you ever want to use them again."

Torrid stood up and shrugged. "She wasn't complaining." He smiled. "She seemed to be enjoying it." Connor gritted his teeth and started to charge him.

"Gentlemen, I don't think this is the time or place," Bitter said as he stepped out of the shadows. I had got to my feet in time to see give a short nod to Torrid.

"Connor, don't!" I called out. He stopped inches from Torrid and looked down at him. I turned back to look at bitter. "Where's Leroy?"

Bitter looked at me and shrugged. "We got split up. You know how Leroy is. He took off. Didn't bother to ask me did I need a ride."

I turned to Connor. "Did you see him?" Connor shook his head. "I left the minute Christopher told us what happened."

I frowned. "I didn't call Christopher. I called Leroy. That's not like him not to come when I call him directly."

"Maybe he's not Mr. Dependable after all." Bitter said smirking.

No comments: