Friday, November 21, 2008

Unexpected Allies....

10:00
Arrived at work. Tempted to go back home when I opened my email and saw all the requests for reports.

10:03
Connor called to ask about the Tall Redhead on the third floor. I gave him her name and hung up.

10:07
Connor called again to ask about the slim brunette down the hall. I told him that I didn't know her. Hung up.

10:09
Connor called back to ask about a girl that sounded suspiciously like Candice. Not good. I'll have to make sure Leroy doesn't come over til Connor's gone. Sent all my calls to voice mail before he started asking me about random women walking down the street.

10:54
Tried to call Leroy. No answer at his desk or on his cell.

10:56
Went downstairs to get a cup of Green Tea from the coffee shop. The guy ahead of me in line was hopping around on a pair of crutches while trying to talk on a cell phone and carry a laptop bag. Nothing could be that damn important.

11:02
Connor discovered my cellphone number in the kitchen where I left it for the babysitters. He proceeded to ask about the girl who works in the rental office. Hung up without answering.

11:02:05
Turned off the cellphone.

11:15
Got back to the office. Stared at the screen.

12:30
Went to lunch

1:30
Back from lunch. Stared at screen.

2:00
Still staring at the screen

3:00
Gave up trying to work and left for the day.

3:45
Got home to find my father, my ex-fiance, and my brother in a huddle in my living room trying to map out my life. Proceeded to tell them to mind their own damn business.

3:46
They were back in the huddle. Went to catch up on my missed episodes of CSI.

4:00
Heard the men getting louder and came to the conclusion that there was too much testosterone in my tiny apartment and that I needed to call my mother to balance things out. Couldn't reach her, she was out with Kara.

5:30
Got a call from Christopher about a possible way to fight Seth. He asked me to meet him at headquarters – alone. I told him okay, then walked into the Living Room to break up the huddle. Told them Christopher wants me to meet him at headquarters.

5:31
They all started shouting at once about why I couldn't go meet Christopher alone. Which I had no intention of doing anyway.

6:00
Finally got them all to stop shouting when Connor spotted the tall redhead from the third floor carrying groceries and ran outside to help. Went back in my room to finish catching up on CSI until it was time to go.

7:45
Arrived at Headquarters early to throw Chris off. Made all of them promise to behave. They all said okay. I knew they were lying.

7:46
Wished I had a camera to catch the expression on Christopher's face when he saw them walk in behind me. Asked what he had discovered about Seth. He started a long drawn out conversation and wouldn't get to the point.

7:50
Started to get pissed at Christopher for beating around the bush and not telling me what the hell he discovered.

7:52
We pulled my father's hands from around Christopher's neck.

7:55
We pulled Leksi's hands from around Christopher's neck.

7:58
We pulled Connor's hands from around Christopher's neck.

7:59
Leksi, Obisidian, and Connor pulled my hands from around Christopher's neck. I finally calmed down enough to let Christopher try to explain some more.

8:00
Leroy stalked in with a bunch of rough looking characters - especially the tall one in the back with the hazel eyes. Looking at the group a little closer, I saw one of them was the guy who walked up to me in the club. What did he say his name was again? Oh yeah. Bitter

8:01
Leroy demanded to talk to Dispatch.

8:14
Stared in shock when Christopher announced that he would be leading the Urban 30.


8:14:43
Held back my father, brother, and Leksi when they tried to stop Leroy from choking the sh$t out of Christopher.




No comments: