Friday, February 1, 2008

A little teamwork goes a long way

Leroy finally went and did it. I knew it was just a matter of time before he blew up at Dispatch. I couldn't do anything but sit in absolute amazement as he explained to me how he got the watch changed, and how Tony confronted him in the parking lot. Damn, I wish he had talked to me before he did that. Dispatch firmly believes in making sure that no one thinks that they're more important than the whole group.

Dispatch doesn't seem to realize just how much Leroy loves being a Superhero. I can just imagine him as one of those kids who always dreamed of fighting the bad guys. All I could do was just sit and shake my head after we hung up. I was going to have to call Dispatch and pull a favor. I really hated to do it, very seldom is Dispatch in debt to anyone for anything, but I had one that I've been holding close for a while.

I got up and checked on Kara to make sure that she hadn't been in contact with her father. That was drama that I could definitely do without right now.

I picked up my cell and took and took a deep breath before I looked up Tony's number. Well, here goes nothing.

I had my hand on the button about to place the call when the phone vibrated. Why in the world was Ean calling me?

"Hello?" At first, I heard nothing but screaming and wind. "Ean? Hello?"

He finally started talking. My heart started pumping as he described what was happening to him. The clouds, a blinding bright light...

Oh Damn. "LUMINOUS!" I yelled. "I'll call Dispatch! Just hold on!"

As soon as I hung up from Ean, I dialed Tony. "Dispatch, we've got a situation."

"What's up Terra?"

"Ean just called me, he's just had a run-in with Luminous. He's going to need some serious backup." I gave him Ean's location.

"I'm putting out the call now."

"And Tony, there's something I need to talk to you about later."

He was quiet for a moment. "I don't think you should get involved in that Terra."

"You're always talking about how we should behave as a team. A team member always has the other's back."

I could just feel him grinding his teeth. "We'll talk later Terra."

"Fine."

I hung up and called upstairs for my babysitter. The minute she got there I headed for the door. It looked like I was finally going to get some exercise after all.

No comments: