Friday, February 8, 2008

A step closer..

We were all about to go in when Leroy made a suggestion.
“Wait,” he said. “Let’s split in two. There are enough of us that we can approach from two sides.”

I could see the surprise on everyone’s face when he spoke. “Look, you guys can stare or we can help Ean. I can go in the front.” He looked over at me. “Terra, maybe u can make a hole and come in on the other side.” I nodded and started to walk off.

Derrick and Router were the only two who decided to go with Leroy which kind of ticked me off.

I stopped a short distance away. I looked around to find most of the group had followed me. “Everybody stand back for a minute and let me get my bearings.” Everybody took a step back except for Mr. E. So be it.

I took a deep breath and burst outwards into millions of tiny pieces as I merged with the Earth. I traveled along the top of the tunnel until I could determine where it was going. I burst out short while later, showering dirt everywhere.

“Oops. Sorry.” Raz and Tam looked a little pissed to be covered in dirt, but I did ask them to step back didn’t I? I walked over a few steps and held out my hands. Earth started showering into the air. This time I made sure I directed it away from everybody. I wanted the fight to happen in the hole, not up here.

In a matter of minutes, a deep hole formed that connected with the tunnel from the other side. I put my shades on and turned around. “That’s it. Let’s go.”

Raz and Tam hit buttons on their matching helmets. Everybody else followed suit. I took a quick head count and noticed that somebody was missing. Where was Enigma? I hadn’t seen him arrive. It wasn’t like him to miss a fight.

No comments: