Friday, February 22, 2008

Revived and Recharged

I watched Leroy go back down into the hole after Enigma. I was honestly surprised he went. Let's face facts here: They're not best of friends and they never will be. But, maybe, just maybe they will both start to grow up a little.

Do I really believe that? Of course not. But it was a nice thought.

At least one good thing came out of this. The fight with Luminous managed to revive me in a way I hadn't forseen. Dispatch was gonna be pissed with me, true, but he'll live. If nothing else, I realized one important thing. I'M A SUPERHERO DAMMIT!!

There's no way I'm going to hide and let someone else take care of my problems for me. Let Christopher come. I've got something for him. First of all, I've got to get Leroy reinstated.

I turned back to the other members of the group, still a little dazed from everything that had happened. As I scoped out everybody and I noticed that I didn't see Mr. E. Did he make it out?

I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. Enigma! He made it! But where was Leroy.

His face twisted up like he was seriously ready to cuss somebody out. What in the hell was wrong with him now? He opened his mouth to speak, but luckily, we were all saved by the bell, or shall I say the phone. I walked over to Raz and Tam. "I've got to rollout. You guys have everything under control here?"

"Yeah," Raz said and smirked. "I've got something for his ass if he comes around."

I smiled. I just bet she did. "Hit me on my cellphone if you need me for anything." They nodded. "Hold on." Tam touched me on the arm to hold me back. "What's the deal with Leroy? Isn't he still suspended?"

I nodded. "He is. But he's always there when we need him. Suspension can't change that. " They looked at each other and nodded. "I'll see you guys later." I walked off with a spring in my step that hadn't been there in weeks.

I jumped up and sprang into the air, the coolness of the night air brushing against my cheeks. I changed right before I reached the Alene, the babysitter upstairs. "Oh Hi!" she said. "I didn't think I'd see you this evening."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Oh. Your husband came to pick Kara up a few hours ago. You didn't tell me he was such a cutie."

I stood there for a moment speechless. How did he find me? Where in the hell is he now?

"Is everything okay?" Alene asked frowning. "Was she not supposed to go with him? I know you mentioned you guys were separated, but you never said anything else about him...."

She looked so panicked. "No it's okay. I just wasn't expecting him to get her today." That's an understatement.

"I'll just call him once I get back in the house." I said, turning away.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later, okay?" she said closing the door.

I nodded. "Okay."

I pulled out my cell phone and started dialing. I knew he wasn't going to harm her. In his own sick and twisted way, he loved her. It was me he wanted.

No comments: