Friday, February 8, 2008

Into the Lion's Den

As we entered the tunnel, we could hear the screams and the sounds of fighting coming from up ahead. Before I realized what I was doing, I had run ahead of the rest of the group. Kara's glasses worked like a dream. I could see everything ahead of me like I was walking around in the daylight. After what seemed like dozens of twists and turns, I thought we were almost at the center only to find we were at a dead end.

I placed my hands on the wall and shifted the dirt to the side. Once through, we had to stop for a moment to get our bearings.

"It's coming from over here!" Mr. E yelled pointing to the left. Before I could say anything, he had taken off running down the tunnel. Damn. "Guys we need to stick close together."

Tam nodded. "It's gonna be tough. We're in a damn maze. We'll never find our way outta here."

I turned to answer her and saw something trying to creep up on us from behind.

"Ow! What the hell?" Raz said before she turned and swung. The next thing I knew, Raz and Tam were doing their dynamic duo thing (I have to admit, they can fight their asses off!). We weren't doing too bad, the only problem was that there wasn't a lot of fighting room and whatever it was we were fighting kept coming right back.

It looked like the things seemed to be made of some kind of mist. How in the world do you fight something like that? Then, bam! The light bulb came on.

"Tam, I need a force field over here!" I yelled. She threw out a field that managed to capture all of the creatures at one time. I reached out and touched the field, pulling the moisture out. We were all amazed to see the creatures solidify and turn into statues.

"Ok Tam, you can pull back." She pulled the field back and stood with her arms crossed.

Raz's smile stopped as she looked around. "It's a little too quiet. I think we'd better hurry."

We ran blindly down different corridors for what seemed like forever before a light appeared and we heard a mysterious voice say, “Light is everywhere…”

Leroy, Derrick, Enigma, and Router were standing on the other side of Luminous.

Just as we stepped forward to engage in the fight, a blinding pulsing light began flashing throughout the cave. Each time the light pulsed, someone disappeared until I found myself standing alone to fight.

'You've got to be kidding me.' I mutterd. When the light stopped pulsing, I stood alone with Lumnious.

"Cute glasses." he said and lunged at me. I was able to move in time, but it was a close thing.

"Who stuck a light bulb up your ass?" I growled back. We lunged at each other a couple of times, each time missing each other by inches. 'Enough of this'. I did not have all night to fight this idiot. I had to get home before the babysitter decided to charge me double.

Pissed off, I started directing rocks towards him so fast that most were starting to get past him. Then everything went black. I was still wearing the glasses, but couldn't see a thing. Cautiously, I looked over the top. Nothing changed. 'What the hell is going on?'

Two minutes later, I could see again, but Luminous was nowhere to be found.

No comments: