Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Fight is on....

I landed at the coordinates that Ean gave me, but there was no sign of him. I looked around and saw a suspicious looking whole in the ground. As I stepped closer, a bright, blinding light flashed out of it, nearly blinding me. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that's where he went.

I stepped forward, pulling out one of one of Kara's latest inventions. Lately, she was starting to create all kinds of little gadgets. I woke up this morning to find a pair of ordinary looking sunshades sitting on my nightstand. When I put them on, I noticed that in the sunshine, everything looked completely black. But in the dark, everything seemed to glow.

I was glad that my child had somehow anticipated my needs.

I put the glasses on and walked towards the whole. I was about to step over the edge when someone landed behind me. He was huge. Really huge. And familiar.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Mr. E." he said in a deep rumbling voice.

I raised an eyebrow. "Mr. E?" I took the glasses off and stepped towards him. He looked just like the last idol that Leroy showed me. Just like..."Edward?"

He nodded. I smiled. "Well, 'Mr. E' are you ready?"

He nodded again. "Just what I like...a man of few words."

I turned around as I heard a whistling noise come through the air. Well, well. What do we have here? Looks like my old buddy Sonus is moonlighting.

I turned to him and smiled as a few of the other members of the Urban 30 showed up. "I missed you, buddy."

Leroy gave me that cocky smile and walked forward. As the others came up, I slipped my glasses back on. "Everybody make sure to protect your eyes. He's not called Luminous for nothing." I faced the whole again and took deep breath.

"All right everybody. Let's do this."

No comments: