Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A reason to Panic?

Finally, a day of peace. After the incident with Ron, I decided to lay low for awhile. At least until I could get Leksi off-planet. I tried talking to my father about it, but of course, he won't listen. He's a father. They never do.

I turned on the TV and decided to do some cleaning. Vaccuuming, dusting, dishes (ugh), the usual routine. I was on a serious roll with the vaccuum cleaner when I happened to turn and notice that MT (Mack Truck) was on TV again.

What does he do? Call the station as soon as he gets the call from dispatch?

He's pounding away on Iguana Man, and then he stops to pull out his phone. Evidently, he hasn't learned his lesson from the last time. He started laughing at something on the phone, then doubled over coughing.

Coughing?

Something wasn't right. From that point on, Iguana Man grabbed a pole and took over. I hate to say it, but he beat MT like he stole something. Turning off the vaccuum, I whipped open my phone and hit dispatch's number. He'd been avoiding me the past few days, but if necessary, I'd go out to headquarters.

"Yes, Terra." He sounded tired and frustrated.

"You saw the news?"

"Yeah." I waited for a moment to see if he was going to say anything else, but there was just silence. "Tony, tell me what's going on."

He sighed. "Come to headquarters at midnight. I'll explain as much as I can."

No comments: