Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Lunchdate from Hell...

Lunch was an adventure. It's actually taken me several days to recover from it and him. Thanks to Leksi with his high-handed atitude, I was able to pass him off as a visiting Russian dignitary.

Its absolutely amazing the kind of service you receive when people think you're important. I made sure I took him to a restaurant far, far away from the job. The last thing I needed was half the building stolling by. As we walked away from the building though, I had one question.

"Leksi? How in the world did you get here?"

He shrugged(typical)and answered, "Your father located a driver for me." I turned to him. "A driver?" I shook my head. "Never mind, I don't want to know."

Did I say earlier that lunch was an adventure? I meant a nightmare. He barked at the servers, the busboys, the waiters, the maitre'd...nobody was safe. I finally had to lean forward and threaten to walk out on him when he made one of the waitresses burst into tears.

I managed to get him out of the restaurant......I wish it was that easy to get him out of my life.

I put him in a cab back to my house and me and my now pounding head found our way back to the office. I hadn't been at my desk 2 seconds before Ron showed up.

"Hey Terra. I didn't know you were engaged. I guess that nips that rumor in the bud, huh? Where's he from?" he asked casually. A little too casually.

Knowing Ron like I do, Leksi's picture was probably being scanned through government databases everywhere.

Damn. Just what I needed.

No comments: