Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A call for help 2

I stood frozen. “Daddy, how did you know?” I stepped back and let him come in.

“Did you think I would just leave you here, alone?” He turned and started to pace. “This place is filled with uncivilized savages. Why do you think we’ve never made contact before now?”

“All they know is War.”

I really didn’t want to get into this conversation. My home planet is full of people who are full of themselves. That’s why I left in the first place. “I understand. But right now, I need to get Kara back and one of the few people who’s strong enough to help me has been banned from using his powers. That’s got to be rectified.”

I walked past him to the door. “Stay here. I have to go to the hearing and try to get Leroy reinstated.” He grabbed my arm as I walked past.

“I’m staying with you until this is resolved.”

“Outsiders aren’t allowed in the hearings.” I told him.

“In this case, they’ll have to make an exception.”

I rubbed my temples. There was a hell of a headache coming on. “Okay. Just promise me you’ll try not to loose your temper.”

He slowly raised his eyebrow at me. “I promise I won’t kill anyone.”

I sighed. “That will have to do, I guess.”

I grabbed his hand and concentrated. My body felt like it was being pulled in four different directions and snapped back together. When I opened my eyes again, we were in front of the hall.

“Sometimes I wish I was able to teleport on my own, but I hate feeling like my body is being pulled apart.”

“The feeling goes away after time.”

“Well since it’s not something I can do on my own, I’m not going to worry about it.”

I turned towards the building, then stopped and looked back at him. “Remember your promise.”

He nodded and motioned for me to go ahead of him. This should be very interesting.

No comments: